How would you like a custom culinary itinerary based on the Circle Farm Tour. These maps list the many specialty farm-gate vendors, open-air markets, charming eateries, heritage sites, fairs, and other special events. It’s an opportunity to taste the freshest local produce and to learn more about the food culture of the region.
At Chew On This Tasty Tours, we are proud to offer all-inclusive food tours for local food lovers. Our tours are curated with a passion for food and a love of travel. We believe that exploring a new place through its cuisine is the best way to experience it. That’s why we are excited to offer you the opportunity to have your custom curated culinary itinerary based on the Circle Farm Tour partners. We know that there are so many options to discover and it can be overwhelming. We’ll curate your delicious journey through the Fraser Valley. You’ll get to taste the freshest local produce, meet local farmers and artisans, and experience the best of the region’s food culture. Why are we qualified to do this for you? Because when the Circle Farm Tours were first launched more than 20 years ago, it’s how we explored and tasted the best of the Fraser Valley.
What is a Circle Farm Tour?
If you’re looking for a comprehensive resource to the abundant agriculture of the Fraser Valley region of British Columbia, Canada, a Circle Farm Tour is the perfect choice. These self-guided tours take you on a journey through the countryside. Here you’ll discover a wide range of agri-tourism destinations, farm-gate vendors, open-air markets, and eateries.
History of Circle Farm Tours
The Circle Farm Tour concept was first developed in 2003 by the British Columbia Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Fisheries. The goal was to create a series of self-guided tours that would showcase the region’s agricultural heritage and promote local food producers. Today, there are several Circle Farm Tours throughout the province, each with its own unique itinerary.
Concept and Experience
The Circle Farm Tour experience is all about immersing yourself in the local culture and getting to know the people who produce the food you eat. Each tour is designed to highlight the best of the region’s agricultural offerings, from fresh produce and artisanal cheeses to wine and craft beer.
When you take a Circle Farm Tour, you’ll receive a brochure and map for the participating community. This will guide you to a variety of specialty farm-gate vendors, open-air markets, charming eateries, heritage sites, fairs, and other special events. You’ll travel in your own car, at your own pace, and stop wherever and whenever you like.
One of the best things about a Circle Farm Tour is that it’s a great way to support local farmers and food producers. By buying directly from the source, you’ll get the freshest, highest-quality products while also supporting the local economy.
Overall, a Circle Farm Tour is a fun and delicious way to explore the Fraser Valley region. Whether you’re a foodie, a history buff, or just looking for a unique adventure, there’s something for everyone on these self-guided tours.
Planning Your Circle Farm Tour
When planning your Circle Farm Tour, it’s important to consider your interests and preferences. With so many destinations to choose from, it can be overwhelming to decide where to go and what to do. In this section, we’ll provide some tips to help you plan your perfect tour.
Selecting Your Destinations
The Circle Farm Tour features a variety of destinations, including farms, wineries, breweries, markets, and heritage sites. To help you choose your destinations, we recommend visiting the official Circle Farm Tour website and exploring the different communities and attractions. Each community has its own brochure and map, which you can download and print or pick up at a local visitor center.
When selecting your destinations, consider your interests and preferences. Do you enjoy wine tasting? Are you interested in learning about farming practices? Do you want to try local cuisine? By answering these questions, you can narrow down your options and create an itinerary that suits your needs.
Creating a Culinary Itinerary
One of the best ways to experience the Circle Farm Tour is by creating a culinary itinerary. This type of itinerary focuses on food and drink, and can include visits to wineries, breweries, and local restaurants. To create a culinary itinerary, we recommend following these steps:
- Research local restaurants and cafes that use ingredients from Circle Farm Tour partners. You can find a list of partners on the official Circle Farm Tour website.
- Choose a few wineries and breweries to visit. Consider selecting ones that offer food pairings or have a restaurant on site.
- Plan your meals and snacks around your visits to these destinations. For example, you could have breakfast at a local cafe, visit a winery for a mid-morning tasting, have lunch at a restaurant that uses local ingredients, and finish the day with a brewery tour and tasting.
By creating a culinary itinerary, you can experience the best of the Circle Farm Tour while satisfying your taste buds. Don’t forget to bring a cooler and some reusable bags to take home some of the delicious local products.
Tasty Tours Partners
At Chew On This Tasty Tours, we are proud to partner with local farms and artisan producers to create unforgettable culinary experiences for our guests. Our custom curated itineraries based on the Circle Farm Tour draw on our long-established partners and collaborative relationships. This ensures that you get a taste of the best that the Fraser Valley has to offer.
Featured Farms on the Circle Farm Tour
The Circle Farm Tour takes you to some of the most picturesque farms in the Fraser Valley. There are a variety of farms you’ll definitely want to visit, including organic and sustainable farms, to bring you a true taste of the region. Here are some of our featured farms:
- Krause Berry Farms: This family-owned farm has been operating for over 40 years and specializes in strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries. They also have a bakery, market, and winery on site.
- Taves Family Farms: Taves Family Farms is a third-generation family farm that grows a variety of fruits and vegetables, including apples, pumpkins, and corn. They also have a petting zoo and apple cider press on site.
- Campbell’s Gold Honey Farm and Meadery: This honey farm and meadery is run by a family of beekeepers who produce artisanal honey and mead. They offer tours and tastings of their honey and mead.
Local Artisan Producers
In addition to visiting farms, our Circle Farm Tour also takes you to local artisan producers who create delicious and unique products. Here are some of the artisan producers we recommend:
- The Preservatory: This artisanal preserves company creates unique and delicious jams, marmalades, and chutneys using local ingredients. They use traditional techniques and no preservatives, ensuring that their products are of the highest quality.
- Milner Valley Cheese: This family-owned cheese company produces a variety of artisanal cheeses using milk from their own herd of cows. They offer tastings of their cheeses and have a farm store on site.
- Trading Post Brewing: This craft brewery and tasting room offers a variety of handcrafted beers, including seasonal and limited edition brews. They also have a kitchen that serves delicious food using local ingredients.
We are proud to work with these and other local partners to create unique and unforgettable culinary experiences for our guests. Join us on our Circle Farm Tour and taste the best that the Fraser Valley has to offer!
Chew on This: Tour Highlights
At Chew On This Tasty Tours, we pride ourselves on creating culinary itineraries that showcase the best of local food scenes. The Circle Farm Tour is no exception. Our curated itinerary includes stops at farms, markets, and restaurants that offer seasonal specialties.
In the summer, we love to stop at Krause Berry Farms for their famous blueberry pie and fresh berry picking. During the fall, we visit JD Farms for their delicious turkey products and pumpkin patch. And in the spring, we stop at Taves Family Farms for their crisp apples and apple cider.
Our Circle Farm Tour itineraries are custom designed to give you a taste of the best local food and drink in the Fraser Valley. Reach out to us here and request your mouthwatering culinary adventure today! Don’t want to worry about driving? Want to include a few wineries? Inquire about our options for transportation.